Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #1  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In respect of SCS

Girls. I just got done reading the thread about a bad experience that someone had with a .com company. Just like everyone else, I like to know about problems other people are having so I can avoid them. However, I would like to caution each of you to keep these things to word of mouth. If you want to share with every able person you run into, please do! My concern is for SCS. This is a large community, and it is one that can be used free of charge, and I must add, it is a top-notch website! I don't know if you realize this, but "slander" can come back on SCS and become a legal battle if a company is harmed by what is shared here on the forums. I love SCS. It's the one website I visit daily. I come here to get answers, find card ideas, talk with friends, etc... It would be heartbreaking if the people who work so hard to offer us this sight ended up paying for lawyers to try to prove that they are innocent of hurting the business of another company:(

Thanks for listening, and I hope I was not out of place sharing my concern. The people who created and run this website are the "best of the best". I hope each of you feel the same...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 08:48 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

I agree. I have personally ordered from this company as have many others on here and from reading there responses it seems that it is a great company. We don't really know what has transpired because we only have one parties allegations and have not heard the companies side of the story so I don't think it is fair to judge them unless you yourself have a bad experience with them. It all sounds a little wonky to me but oh well, not my problem. just my couple of pennies worth!!

Have a great stamping Day!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 08:49 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

I ditto everything Bonnie said. I saw the post she is refering to and wanted to coment but held my toungue...some things didn't fit in my book and couldn't understand why the vibe on SCS.
Anyhow........ Remember we love SCS!!!! And all the MODS!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Bonnie thanks for putting a new light on this issue. I am sure we think we are warning others of our bad experience and don't mean any harm by it. But definitely are appreciative of SCS and all that I get from it daily and wouldn't want them to have trouble because we might use inappropriate wording when talking about service that we did or did not get from some place where we tried to purchase goods.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 02:06 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Another thing that is so important to try to realize is that many of these sites that we buy from are people running a small business out of their home. And there is a pretty big learning curve when it comes to learning how to run a business and keep the stock rolling in and the orders rolling out. I know because I run one of these types of businesses, although I don't sell craft supplies. Currently I am having computer issues and it could prove fatal if I don't keep on top of it. I'm limping along until I can get a second computer up and running and then get my main computer repaired. Some of the people who are running these craft supply companies are facing issues of manufacturer shortages, growth issues, cash flow issues, maybe the don't have a handle on their business yet.

I really think growth is the main problem with some of these companies. They open up shop and one person from SCS finds them and pretty soon thousands of people are visiting their site and buying from them and they maybe only bought 10 or 20 of an item and now they are sold out and maybe even back ordered. Then the manufacturer is having a problem getting stock to them and now they are in crisis mode. I've been in situations where I've been up at 1:00am getting packages ready for shipping the next day. I probably don't have anywhere near the volume that some of these companies have so I can only imagine what they are going through.

I just think that if we give them the benefit of the doubt and treat them with kindness, it might make it easier on them to sort out the problems faster and get the orders shipped.

On the thread in question, I believe that someone complained that they emailed the company but haven't received an answer. I agree that it is a big problem. Communication is sooo important but if their computer is down, then they can't respond. Or if they are sooo busy getting orders processed for shipping they might not have had time to check their email. Or maybe they have gotten so many phone calls or emails from people yelling at them that they figure their time is better spent just addressing the problem and trying to get it resolved.

All I'm saying is that I bet that these are the issues and that they aren't trying to deliberately scam anyone. I got an email from a craft company last week that was explaining what their problem was with their manufacturer and why they hadn't been able to ship orders. I suspect that this was the company in question in the other tread. I didn't have an order with them but it did help me to understand that there are real people behind their professional website facade.

By the way, I am not affiliated with nor do I know any of the owners of the websites in question. I'm just another small business owner trying to help people realize that there is probably a legitimate reason for the supposed bad customer service that many people may have experienced.

Thanks for listening, hope I didn't offend anyone.

My Gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 04:25 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Posts that simply describe an experience with a company are welcome, although we do recommend that every effort be made to resolve the problem directly with the company. Yes, personal accusations could leave SCS liable -so thanks for the reminder. The Terms of Service apply to companies as well as individuals or groups:
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
my pins www.pinterest.com/craftdoc
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Default I will respond

Since I am the one that left the post, I feel I can respond. You are right when you have said you haven't heard both sides, but you are wrong in judging me on what I said because I didn't go into all of the details because that is not what I was trying to do. I have heard from others on this board who have had the exact same problem with the company, and I felt others should be careful of this company so they would not lose money that is precious these days to all of us. No company has the right to treat customers poorly and not send or give them merchandise after ONE MONTH that they paid for. And oh, by the way, I have all of the emails from them which gives a much clearer picture of how they conduct business and how I have been treated regarding my order, but again my purpose was to let others know so they could avoid the same thing happening to them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 06:03 PM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

The important thing to remember is truth is an absolute defense to slander and everyone is entitled to their own opinon. So although it's a little thing, I think people should be careful not to say "xyz company will rip you off" but rather something like "I feel xyz company ripped me off"

We'd be in a world of trouble if just saying something against someone were something to be sued over.

I do think it's important to try to contact the company first and resolve things privately but sometimes that doesn't work and it's helpful to stick to the facts if you do post. I appreciate hearing about both good and bad experiences because I'm always nervous about ordering from someplace new.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-27-2008, 06:08 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was posted in the thread referenced, and I believe it bears repeating:
Quote:

Originally Posted by splitcoaststampersView Post
we're generally okay with posts that simply recount your experiences. we've always allowed these and won't censor names. . . . so in fairness to both parties we don't allow accusations or what might be considered slanderous statements against either companies or individuals. this goes for both the public forums and our private message system. these types of disputes are best resolved between the two parties involved.
As Kim said, if you're sharing an experience with a company, we like to see that! The forums here are like a bunch of us sitting around the coffee shop and talking about our latest purchases and experiences. The only difference? The words you type here are "heard" by many more than the people sitting around the table. With that in mind, we ask that you choose your words wisely when posting, no matter what the subject.

If you have any questions, I'm happy to help!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 08:57 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am one that is very leary about ordering from new companies on-line unless I have heard how good they are. I finally broke down 2 weekes ago and palced an order GinaK after all of the wonderful reviews I read on SCS. It was a wnderful positve shopping experience and I will order from her again and again now.
I am also one that likes to be warned of the 'bad" experiences so I can avoid them if possible.
I do agree that there is a tasteful way to do this and it should be followed. But please do not discourage others from not posting them. If ther eis a company that has crappy customer service and takes forever in shipping, I would like to know so I can look for the products elsewhere and where I will receive great service.
Yes, when posting the bad experiences, only the facts should be listed, but please let us know about them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-28-2008, 09:15 AM   #11  
Matboard Maniac

I think as long as people state facts it is ok. I know I want to know good and bad and it is not illegal to put what your experience is. There are actually website built around this. I find that people here tend to want to protect people/companies (where owners were or are members here) anytime someone has something to say about poor service-in my mind that is not right either. I know I am personally having an issue with extremely poor service from a company that use to have a forum here that no longer does. If I read almost all comments this company walks on water-not true as is evident by my unanswered emails, unreplaced goods, and unprocessed credit. When resolved, I feel it is almost an obligation to share experience so others don't have negative experience and now how to wade through some of these small companies as they suffer serious growing pains. I hope they all do survive and do well-but they all most learn customer service is the key to longevity.
Reply With Quote Likes