Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-16-2019, 10:26 AM   #81  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I’m understanding your question right they said that they went back to their original supplier. With all the changes they are going through It’s hard to tell who will be making their dies. It was a couple or three months window that they had those dies like yours. I’m think they are getting rid of old stock. Hard to say which sets they will restock with the same dies different manufacturer. We won’t know the quality of the dies going forward until they do a promised May release. All to say you take your chances ordering from those two or three old releases. You could track back by release on their website to see which year and months those were produced and not order anything around that time. I’m going to wait and see what they come up with and who is on their new design team. Betsy Veldman their former lead designer has just launched a new line of her own stamps and dies and some members of the old team are going to be featured there. You might check out her new site “The Greetery.” She has some sneak peeks of her coming release. Heather has gone with Taylored Expressions and she had a new release this month if you like her style.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #82  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Hi Everyone!
Just got a response from Julie & here it is:

CS Manager, Apr 16, 14:19 EDT: Hi Becky,

Thank you for your email. First, the dies are being made by the same company, so none of the dies are being poured or made a different way. All dies are made by corrosion of the metal via a process called etching, that's the only way to make metal dies, I have never heard of poured dies. In order to create something poured you would have to create and pay for a mold of the die which would cost approximately $4,000 (that's what a small plastic mold costs so that is my best educated guess of a mold for a die. However, I don't even think you can make a metal die that is poured into plastic, it would melt the plastic). Secondly, if you received dies where the paint has come off of the front, the part that you cut with, then we will absolutely replace them, no problems. Once again, we are trying to make our dies slightly brighter and more shiny. If that paint is making marks on your paper, I need to let the company know. As a rule, we test one die from each design and have yet to detect any marking on the paper.

The sharp edges on the dies - that happens when the die company forgets to remove the leftover bump from the tabs. The dies are made on a huge sheet and have to be cut out one by one. I have a dremel in my office and when I catch those sharp edges I take them off, obviously I missed some which I truly apologize for. You're lucky yours filed off easily, with the dremel I am using I feel like I have to leave divots in the die because I can't get the tab off.

If that paint on the front of the dies is coming off, please let me know as soon as possible so that I can report that the paint they are using is not working correctly and it needs to be adjusted. If a bit of paint on the back is coming off, that does happen, but I will let the manufacturer know that this version of paint may not holding up. I respectfully ask that you not jump to untruthful conclusions. If you are privy to the process or have been in the die manufacturing facility, then we would absolutely want to hear your expert opinion, however, I have visited the manufacturer on several occasions and have seen the process so I know first-hand how our dies are made.

The gray of the normal paint is very utilitarian and we are desperately trying to move away from that color. It is so drab and not very attractive. We have not had any other complaints on this new paint and we have worked really hard with the paint people to come up with this bright, sparkly color. I can't see anything on the backs of the dies you included in the photo that makes me nervous about the functionality of the dies or the paint. Again, we generally worry about the front coming off, not so much on the back. Please know that these dies are guaranteed for life, so if peeling persists or moves to the front of the die, you will be able to get a refund or a replacement.

Becky, I do appreciate your feedback. It is always scary for us to do something different because people automatically assume something is wrong when changes are made. We are striving to make changes to our products that make them better and more fun to use. I will be honest, we have had a few past complaints about paint coming off of dies, the manufacturer says it is sometimes due to the weather since their facility is generally open to the elements because of where it is located. This could be one cause for any flaking issues, so again, if it persists or worsens, we will make sure your dies are replaced. All of our new dies will be made with the new paint. We definitely want to make sure it is dialed in and working perfectly. I will pass your comments to the manufacturer so they can make any possible adjustments. Just remember, it is a learning curve for them as well since this paint is not their formula, we had a company that specializes in coating create this for us.

Thanks again, Becky, I hope you are having a fantastic day!

Take care,

Julie Heskamp
Customer Service
Papertrey Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2019, 11:34 AM   #83  
Crimping Master

I won’t comment further as it looks like you got a response along with some inside info on how the dies are manufactured. She is the owner of the company so she should know. Hope the answers you received help you with your problem.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2019, 11:36 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Interesting - she didn't mention the color coming off on the paper - unless I
read this wrong.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2019, 04:18 AM   #85  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

I've not had any problems with receiving orders from PTI. They've been great, and they just restocked some dies I was waiting for last night. And I use the tracking links in my order email to track my packages.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2019, 04:57 AM   #86  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 732 Likes on 354 Posts

It looks like PTI is standing behind the product so that is a good thing-and the owner answered herself which I like a lot. Sometimes we have to be patient on the answers bc they may have to go back and figure it out themselves.

Thanks for keeping us updated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2019, 04:04 AM   #87  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 63 Likes on 32 Posts

I agree that Julie Heskamp has been wonderful in her response to issues/complaints. I've had metal come off from Spellbinders dies on paper -- even after using the dies many times. Agree with wavejumper that I'm happy that they are standing behind their products. Thanks for the updates, Becky.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 04:42 AM   #88  
Glitter Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryalenaView Post
I think Julie and her mom Jane inherited a paper company years ago and they asked Nichole to come on board to design a stationery line.

Julie and Jane own a paper company that has been in the family since like 1928. Julie's great grandfather started the business in downtown Cincinnati and then they moved the printing company to Oakley in the 70's and then built the new building off of red bank like 10 or 11 years ago...

Julie and Jane approached Nichole about starting a company to design and print greeting cards. Paper (of course) Trey (meaning three people) and Ink (play on words for Inc.)

They did not sell. Nobody wanted to buy the pre-printed cards, stationary, etc... but they had the idea to design and sell stamp sets, with the first one being the Paper Tray stamps set. It sold, and so did every other product they designed over the years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 08:01 AM   #89  
Crimping Master

Looks like the inside scoop Rick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 08:10 AM   #90  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Looks like the inside scoop Rick.

I still have a box of those cards somewhere in a closet in Phoenix. They literally made so many of them that they had to give them away to a local school to use when they gave away all of their patterned paper a few years ago....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 08:12 AM   #91  
Crimping Master

I always wondered about whether they actually produced those or just talked about it before they started with the stamps and dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #92  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

I always wondered about whether they actually produced those or just talked about it before they started with the stamps and dies.
They did and sold them for a long time.... just nobody ever actually bought them. I just did a quick business search in Ohio and they recently registered the name Ink to Paper as a fictitious name for Papertrey Ink....

I do still believe that they are going to stop selling to individuals and just sell wholesale.... it makes a lot of sense and it is a lot easier. This way they do not have to have monthly releases and they can just pay people to design stuff for them....

No telling what is going on over there on Fair Lane...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #93  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm thinking that I should place an order and use up my reward points now. All of the designers that I like are no longer with Papertrey so I'm not sure that I will hold my breath for the Anniversary set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #94  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara32caView Post
I'm thinking that I should place an order and use up my reward points now. All of the designers that I like are no longer with Papertrey so I'm not sure that I will hold my breath for the Anniversary set.

I don't don't want you to do that lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2019, 11:43 AM   #95  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickgeymonatView Post
I don't don't want you to do that lol
Thank you Rick. I will not not do that today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2019, 06:50 AM   #96  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLadyView Post
If you are privy to the process or have been in the die manufacturing facility, then we would absolutely want to hear your expert opinion, however, I have visited the manufacturer on several occasions and have seen the process so I know first-hand how our dies are made.
So I am privy to the process and have been in the die manufacturing facility as well and I can offer my own opinion lol....

message me on here and I will let you know the REAL story...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2019, 08:41 AM   #97  
Glitter Queen

BTW has anyone besides a few of us seen the new inktopaper dot com website that is coming in 2 weeks? It's a front for Papertrey Ink. Ohio Sec of State lists the dba as being owned by papertrey ink

Strictly wholesale you think?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-02-2019, 08:49 AM   #98  
Crimping Master

I think you are probably right. Bet the forum goes dark.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #99  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

BTW has anyone besides a few of us seen the new inktopaper dot com website that is coming in 2 weeks? It's a front for Papertrey Ink. Ohio Sec of State lists the dba as being owned by papertrey ink

Strictly wholesale you think?
It doesn't look wholesale, and it's up and ready to open 10pm on the 15th - same time as PTI's monthly release, but this month on a new site.

Sorry you won't be there Rick, to let us know what's going on if the website goes into overload!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #100  
Crimping Master

Yeah it never was the same without Rick.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2019, 06:35 AM   #101  
Glitter Queen

I loved being there to help... Nichole and I would be on the forum answering questions and fixing things as they came up. There were some really good times for the customers and us in the beginning and it really did feel like we were all in it together
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2019, 04:03 PM   #102  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

I loved being there to help... Nichole and I would be on the forum answering questions and fixing things as they came up. There were some really good times for the customers and us in the beginning and it really did feel like we were all in it together
Oh, it felt like that to us customers too, and many on the forum expressed sadness when you were no longer there! It will never be the same, but that might be good for me, because I spent way too much money there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2019, 06:10 AM   #103  
Glitter Queen

Look at that... from their announcement this morning...

We are super excited to announce that we will be releasing a new collection of paper crafting products, including stamps, dies, and more under a new brand called Ink to Paper! The collection will be released on May 15 at 10pm ET at www.inktopaper.com.

Ink to Paper is a brand of Papertrey Ink that will offer new monthly product collections. Papertrey Ink will transition to a wholesale business. Customers may use their rewards points at Papertrey Ink or at Ink to Paper. Don’t worry! You have time to decide whether you want to redeem rewards points at Papertrey or choose to transfer them to Ink to Paper. Please be mindful, that once you create a new account using the same email from your Papertrey account, the rewards points from the original Papertrey account will automatically transfer to Ink to Paper. Once the points transfer to Ink to Paper, they cannot be transferred back to Papertrey Ink. You have the option of creating a new Ink to Paper account using a different email address as well.

We appreciate your patience over the past few months as we worked hard to make changes to our business to satisfy your paper crafting and customer needs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #104  
Insane Embellisher

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara32caView Post
I hope you were able to use them. I tried to use mine today and they weren't available. Then I read an update email from PTI saying (paraphrased): 'you've probably noticed your rewards points aren't available, that's because we've transitioned them to the new site and you'll be able to use them once the site goes live'.

They had previously told us the points would transition to the new site when WE created new accounts there and they couldn't be transfered back afterwards so we should be mindful of that (which was confusing since they said PTI would be wholesale so how could we buy from there anymore). Now they transfer them to a site that isn't even operable yet. And the email encouraged us to buy stuff before it disappears, just without our points, apparently.

This company doesn't have to give points, I understand that. But I also understand its a marketing ploy to get people to buy more, it sure made me do it.

Telling people they wont lose their points and will be able to use them on both sites, encouraging them to buy buy buy, then holding the points hostage until a new site opens seems like shaddy dealings to me. They would've been better off not even telling anyone about the transition ahead of time. I haven't seen anything come from their months-long announcements except increasing confusion.

I was going to use my meager 6 points towards the Tinsel & Tags kit which is $95. I'm keeping that $89 in my pocket, maybe I'll use it on whatever Betsy comes up with next.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2019, 09:18 PM   #105  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by fifiwesfanView Post
I hope you were able to use them. I tried to use mine today and they weren't available. Then I read an update email from PTI saying (paraphrased): 'you've probably noticed your rewards points aren't available, that's because we've transitioned them to the new site and you'll be able to use them once the site goes live'.

They had previously told us the points would transition to the new site when WE created new accounts there and they couldn't be transfered back afterwards so we should be mindful of that (which was confusing since they said PTI would be wholesale so how could we buy from there anymore). Now they transfer them to a site that isn't even operable yet. And the email encouraged us to buy stuff before it disappears, just without our points, apparently.

This company doesn't have to give points, I understand that. But I also understand its a marketing ploy to get people to buy more, it sure made me do it.

Telling people they wont lose their points and will be able to use them on both sites, encouraging them to buy buy buy, then holding the points hostage until a new site opens seems like shaddy dealings to me. They would've been better off not even telling anyone about the transition ahead of time. I haven't seen anything come from their months-long announcements except increasing confusion.

I was going to use my meager 6 points towards the Tinsel & Tags kit which is $95. I'm keeping that $89 in my pocket, maybe I'll use it on whatever Betsy comes up with next.
It's a bit confusing but I did read that it 'might' be possible to combine two orders, but it involves calling them, and doing so before putting in the second order, which makes it a bit confusing, especially when it involves a "might".

I'm not sure about the Tinsel & Tags, - they said they found some hanging around in the warehouse, or something to that effect, so if it's one you've always wanted, I'd get it, because Betsy's should be around for a while.

Unless the Anniversary release, (that is supposed to be ready on the 15th), is fantastic, I'm holding off moving to the new site until I'm sure I'm ready to give up the old one!
I have a feeling they're trying to push us all off the old site, but there's no second guessing this company, lol - anything can happen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2019, 09:39 PM   #106  
Crimping Master

I hope they hired someone with some organizational skills.

The sneak peek on IG looked attractive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2019, 07:51 AM   #107  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Quote:

Rewards Points/Gift Certificates
I'm sure some of you have noticed that your rewards points and gift certificates have disappeared from your Papertrey Ink account. Don't worry, both your rewards points and gift certificates are currently residing at Ink to Paper just waiting for you to sign on! If you prefer to use your points or gift certificates at PTI, that is completely fine, we can make a manual transfer in a day or two so those are available to you. Unfortunately, there was no way for the web developers to leave them in your PTI account upon login to Ink to Paper since the two systems will not be able to talk to each other as they are completely separate websites.

If you call PTI they can make a manual transfer to use at PTI.

At least that is my understanding.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2019, 08:11 AM   #108  
Stampin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Now they transfer them to a site that isn't even operable yet. And the email encouraged us to buy stuff before it disappears, just without our points, apparently.

holding the points hostage until a new site opens seems like shaddy dealings to me.
They can move the points back over to PTI, they aren't being held hostage. All you have to do is email them and ask them to move them back over.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2019, 10:56 AM   #109  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
They can move the points back over to PTI, they aren't being held hostage. All you have to do is email them and ask them to move them back over.
I think you can only move them once though - can't be sure because I keep reading conflicting messages from PTI. But I'm not moving mine until I'm absolutely sure, since I also read that there will be an Anniversary set, and it will be on the new site (where our points are now residing). Since we can only buy the Anniversary set with points, I'm letting mine be until everything gets sorted out. It's all a bit confusing right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2019, 11:19 AM   #110  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine79View Post
I also read that there will be an Anniversary set, and it will be on the new site (where our points are now residing). Since we can only buy the Anniversary set with points, I'm letting mine be until everything gets sorted out. It's all a bit confusing right now.
Was that from PTI that you heard there would be an Anniversary set? I hadn't heard one way or the other so maybe I missed that or scrolled past it in the announcement when it was made. I don't think I have enough points but who knows...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2019, 12:08 PM   #111  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2View Post
Was that from PTI that you heard there would be an Anniversary set? I hadn't heard one way or the other so maybe I missed that or scrolled past it in the announcement when it was made. I don't think I have enough points but who knows...
That's why it gets a bit confusing - It was on the PTI Forum, from a couple of people who called in, or emailed in to PTI. Different peeps get different answers. That's why I'm in a 'wait and see' mode, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2019, 12:33 PM   #112  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christine79View Post
That's why it gets a bit confusing - It was on the PTI Forum, from a couple of people who called in, or emailed in to PTI. Different peeps get different answers. That's why I'm in a 'wait and see' mode, lol.

I hear you loud and clear!! If I don't read it/hear it straight from PTI (ITP ) then I don't give it much weight.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 07:27 AM   #113  
Crimping Master

The latest is no anniversary set but some sort of customer loyalty set. I think the answers depend on what day you call customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 07:47 AM   #114  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally the email PTI had sent said that the rewards points would only transfer to ITP if you registered with the same email. Later they reneged on that in a new/second email which said they had automatically transferred everyone's rewards points whether you had registered or not. All points were gone from your PTI account. Supposedly they can be transferred back to PTI.

In between those 2 emails from PTI, I had put in a ticket with customer service asking about an anniversary set on ITP because I was trying to decide what to do about registering my email with the new site (under the original premise that your points would stay at PTI unless/until you registered at ITP). The reply I received was that they would be releasing an anniversary set at Ink to Paper that will only be purchased with rewards points (see attached screenshot of my email response).

Later someone else on the PTI forum posted that Julie (one of the owners) said there would NOT be an anniversary set on ITP.

It's extremely frustrating that they either can't get their story straight and/or communicated properly or they are changing their minds after the fact. Either way, it isn't good for their brand.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2019, 08:15 AM   #115  
Crimping Master

Conversation on their forum has pretty much dwindled down to discussion of people waiting for the restocking of old dies and the elusive anniversary set. Its amazing to me that many years old inventory is still a draw at 15% off.
Reply With Quote Likes
The following users liked this post:
cnsteele (03-24-2024)