Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-15-2006, 11:18 AM   #41  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to stamping but enjoy it so much (and already spend so much) that I decided yesterday at a Stamp A Stack to join as a demonstrator. Although the idea of getting supplies at a discount really appeals to me, I am more interested in all the ideas, tools, information, techniques, etc. that I can gain as a demonstrator. My sister-in-law is also thinking of becoming a demonstator so we will have contention for the orders from family members, but we will find a way to work it out. I am not a real "crafty" person, but stamping had me hooked from the first card that I did.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2006, 01:37 PM   #42  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default finally decided!

Well, I did it! I just got tired of thinking about it and decided that now is as good a time as any! I'm more excited than ever and can't wait to get my number and get into the SU demo website and the demo forum here. Wahooo!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2006, 03:19 PM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

I watched the DVD last night and it was just more incentive to become a demonstrator. I am so excited about all the new things I'll be able to learn and the discount I'll get.

Congratulations DebDeb on making the leap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #44  
Embossing Fanatic

Count me in!!! I signed my contract today and will be sending it in the mail in the morning!!! I am so excited!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #45  
Compulsive Stamper

Default hmmm i am confused

May I ask where the info came from that the starter kit is now $169? I just got a starter kit and demo info set from my demo and it says $199.

Should I ask for a new form or will the discount be automatic?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-18-2006, 09:16 PM   #46  
Glitter Guru

You don't need a new form..........it's just the current promotion the discount will be automatic. Welcome to the SU family!!!!

~~Kate~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 11:46 AM   #47  
Matboard Maniac

Hi. I am seriously thinking about signing up but one thing i want to ask you demos some question...

Do I have to pay shipping for the starter kit? $169 plus tax only??

thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 12:05 PM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Yes, just tax. I just signed up a recruit last week. Yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 05:51 PM   #49  
Rubber Obsessor

I live in southern Colorado, and have been thinking about signing up as a demo for awhile now. This new incentive is SOOO tempting! And the fact that the convention will be in Denver is about to send me over the edge. Does anyone know WHEN the convention is? That might be a deciding issue for me. I have so much SU stuff already, and not enough time to use it, so I'm wondering if I should really do this or not. Oh - one more question: If I were to go inactive at some point by not having my $300/quarter, could I ever get active again?
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 05:59 PM   #50  
Kookie Creator

Convention is in two sessions, the last full week in July and then the next week the crosses over in to August. It is not the full week. I have had down line go inactive and resign - not a big problem, but you do have to wait to resign, I believe, and I know I will be corrected if wrong - any time if you sign under the same person, 6 months if you sign under someone different. Also, if you sign you get to choose your stamp sets within the price range listed and you can always use the duplicate stuff you get from SU! as door prizes or give aways to friends. Hope that helps, Convention alone is worth signing for!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2006, 06:19 PM   #51  
Rubber Obsessor

Rats... I'm working the end of July and beginning of August, so wouldn't be able to attend, unless it's a weekend. Is it two sessions that are each a week long? I'm about to make the plunge anyway. I've got my husband convinced (he knows I'll do whatever I want anyway!!), so now I just have to convince myself.

I don't really understand the 30% discount. If the first quarter's $300 order isn't due until March, but the 30% discount is only for the first 45 days, can the 30% be on the first $300? (That's not very clear, is it???)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 04:15 AM   #52  
Kookie Creator

Wilma,
Sorry about the confusion. Okay, here are the dates for convention: Session one will be July 25-28. Session two will be July 30-August 2.
You would need to place a workshop order within the first 45 days to get the additional 10% discount. It has to be a workshop order, not a demo order or customer order. However, you can have workshop orders for yourself. You would need to do your $300 quarterly minimum by the end of March. You get credit for buying your kit for the quarter ending in December. But you would start a new quarter in January. Does that make any more sense? And, convincing your husband is always the hard part. If you have done that, then you are over the hurdle. Go sign up girl!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 05:50 AM   #53  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Signing on as a Recruit

I just got my packet last night and I am going to change some of the sets, my question is do they have to be from the big catalog or can they be from the mini catalogs as long as they are the same price?

Angela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 06:01 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinmomof3
I just got my packet last night and I am going to change some of the sets, my question is do they have to be from the big catalog or can they be from the mini catalogs as long as they are the same price?

Angela
I don't know for sure, you may want to double check with your future upline, but I'm pretty sure you can subsitute the sets with something from the current mini.

Congratulations to everyone out here that has decided to sign on!!! It's a great opportunity, and I love being a demo!!! Good luck to all, whether you decide to be a hobbyist, or a business woman!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 06:12 AM   #55  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my demo kit yesterday....wooohooo! I've been scanning labels to make my index/organizer of sets I have, and mounting stamps all morning.

I substituted perfect ending for one of the standard kit sets (along with happy winter from the big catalog), and changed alot of the color combos, etc., so yes, you can order from the current mini.

The new demo information that comes with the kit is based on the standard kits, so coming up with an intro workshop may be more of a challenge if you make substitutions, but with SCS gallery and all the ideas that are here, if you plan ahead you should be fine, especially if you have any SU stash from before becoming a demo.

I'm so excited! :-D

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 06:13 AM   #56  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by scrappinmomof3

Angela
They can be ANY current sets, from the big IBC or the current mini.....I have a recruit that signed on during the Love your Heart promo and got that as her $19.95 set, so I know for sure it can be done!
Good luck....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 09:36 AM   #57  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by operagirlcc
They can be ANY current sets, from the big IBC or the current mini.....I have a recruit that signed on during the Love your Heart promo and got that as her $19.95 set, so I know for sure it can be done!
Good luck....
I figured someone here would know, it's been a while since I did it, so I just wasn't quite sure...

Enjoy making your choices!!!!! have a great weekend!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 06:03 PM   #58  
Stazon Splitcoast

Good luck to everyone signing up... one of my downline is about to sign her first recruit! I am soooo very excited for her! I just need a few more and I will promote, yeah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 06:08 PM   #59  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobsmeemaw
I was thinking about it and now the decision is made! I am going to sign up. I am already ordering about $75 a month so it won't take much more to make the minimum. Now how to break it to my husband.
LMAO!!! ME TOO, but i'm waiting until Monday cause he leaaves for 6 weeks on monday morning =) lol.

This way it'll be 6 until then before he finds out, and thats only IF he checks the bank register cause he'll leave until christmas after just a weekend home, lol. I just spent 400 last month.

Claudia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-27-2006, 06:45 PM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachelscloset
Wilma,
Sorry about the confusion. Okay, here are the dates for convention: Session one will be July 25-28. Session two will be July 30-August 2.
You would need to place a workshop order within the first 45 days to get the additional 10% discount. It has to be a workshop order, not a demo order or customer order. However, you can have workshop orders for yourself. You would need to do your $300 quarterly minimum by the end of March. You get credit for buying your kit for the quarter ending in December. But you would start a new quarter in January. Does that make any more sense? And, convincing your husband is always the hard part. If you have done that, then you are over the hurdle. Go sign up girl!!!
THANK YOU, Marjie! That helps a lot. I think I'll take the plunge on Nov. 20 at my demo's next stamp night. Maybe I'll see you in Denver!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2006, 02:55 PM   #61  
Pearl-ExPert

I am thinking about becoming a hobby demo, and had a few questions.

I already have a lot of a lot of the $28.95 sets, and was wondering if I could substitute a slightly lower priced set. It seems like you should be able to do that, but I wanted to check.

Also, if I purchased the kit ($169) and placed my own order ($400) by the end of November (want some sets from the Holiday mini):
* Would I fulfill my quarterly minimum through the end of March?
* Would I get hostess benefits (hostess sets and free merchandise)?
* If there are hostess benefits, are they based on the amount before the discount ($400) or after the discount ($400 minus 30%)?

Thanks!
Krista
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2006, 03:59 PM   #62  
Cardstock Collector

I am planning on joining SU--How long does it usually take to get your kit and demo number? I am anxious to get started.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #63  
Stampin' Fool

Usually only a week to ten days!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2006, 05:52 PM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracy
I am thinking about becoming a hobby demo, and had a few questions.

I already have a lot of a lot of the $28.95 sets, and was wondering if I could substitute a slightly lower priced set. It seems like you should be able to do that, but I wanted to check.

Also, if I purchased the kit ($169) and placed my own order ($400) by the end of November (want some sets from the Holiday mini):
* Would I fulfill my quarterly minimum through the end of March?
* Would I get hostess benefits (hostess sets and free merchandise)?
* If there are hostess benefits, are they based on the amount before the discount ($400) or after the discount ($400 minus 30%)?

Thanks!
Krista
To answer your questions....
ok, well, the first one I'm a little foggy on, since it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure it counts.

As for hostess bennies, ABSOLUTELY!!!! You earn hostess bennies on demo orders too...your first order to get the 30% off has to be a hostess order (there is a difference, but that's another reply)

The hostess bennies are calculated on the total merchandise amount, so it would be based on the $400...
I hope this helps to answer your questions...

There might be someone who is more recently a demo that could answer that first question with more certainty, but like I said, I'm pretty sure it counts...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2006, 05:54 PM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracy
I missed this one...you want to say, get a $26.95 set instead?? That's totally ok...it's got to be of equal or lesser value, so there shouldn't be any problems there!!

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2006, 06:00 AM   #66  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks Tracey!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2006, 11:08 AM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

I guess I am confused about the first order. WHat is the difference between the types of orders? Why would one count and the other not. I don't want to place an order and think I am getting the 30% off and it be the wrong kind.
Thanks
Debbie

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=77229
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-29-2006, 11:55 AM   #68  
Kookie Creator

That is where you new upline will hopefully help you out. Your upline should be involved when you place your first order and tell you the difference between hostess, customer and demonstrator. Hostess HAS to be at least a $150.00 order, the other two do not.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2006, 09:13 PM   #69  
Rubber Obsessor

This is one of the reasons why I am brand spankin new, just joined this week, been thinking about it for over a month and now is the time for me. The first show I went to I bought $400. worth and I think something is in the wood, it bit me and now I have to have it all!! I am already rollin into stampin, mostly I am a big scrap booker person, and now this really enhance all of my stuff!! I just can't wait to get my kit and start my cure for the wood!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2006, 02:46 AM   #70  
Stampin' Fool

Signed teh papers last night!!!!! Now just the wait for the kit and my number! Already have a friend who wants to book a workshop!!!!!!

https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=77229
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-31-2006, 04:25 AM   #71  
Pearl-ExPert

If your first order gets the 30% discount, then what is the discount after that?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #72  
Kookie Creator

I so want to do this. Does anyone work fulltime and do SU Demo too? I don't want to commit if I can't fullfill the obligations.
Kathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2006, 07:51 PM   #73  
Glitter Queen

Talking got my 1st recruit

YES!! I got my 1st recruit from this deal! I only hope some more of my awesome customers decide to take advantage of this great deal!:-D

visit my teeny tiny gallery, more to come later: https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=39547
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-01-2006, 09:27 PM   #74  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuccicoo1002
To answer your questions....
ok, well, the first one I'm a little foggy on, since it's been a while, but I'm pretty sure it counts.

As for hostess bennies, ABSOLUTELY!!!! You earn hostess bennies on demo orders too...your first order to get the 30% off has to be a hostess order (there is a difference, but that's another reply)

The hostess bennies are calculated on the total merchandise amount, so it would be based on the $400...
I hope this helps to answer your questions...

There might be someone who is more recently a demo that could answer that first question with more certainty, but like I said, I'm pretty sure it counts...
I think that might have changed, you should double check, it does have to be an order that is a hostess level $150 or more but I just did a demo order and it gave me the 30%. That was a few months ago so I don't know if it was a computer glitch or something.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #75  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by debdeb
I talked to my demonstrator about signing up today. I'm excited and want to do it, just so afraid that I'll not be able to meet the minimum on a regular basis. I looked over the sign-up kit, and felt a little frustrated that most of the stamps I have on my *short-term* wish list (appropriate for the holidays) are not ones that would easily be substituted for the recommended ones listed. Must you substitute the price of each kit, or is it the overall total price that counts?

I'm also curious whether most people just order the kit as is (are these considered best sellers?), or do you pick and choose your own? I would definitely have some duplicate items.

I appreciate any recommendations or encouragement!

Deb
i ordered the kit as is because i don't have any of it plus i ordered the add on too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 12:59 PM   #76  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacobsmeemaw
Signed teh papers last night!!!!! Now just the wait for the kit and my number! Already have a friend who wants to book a workshop!!!!!!
how long does it take to get the kit and number?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 01:23 PM   #77  
Matboard Maniac

Question! Can i host my own workshops where i am the host or do my workshops have to be hosted by other people?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #78  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yes, you can absolutely host your own workshop.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 02:51 PM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, here's a question for you. To retain your status as a demo, you have to sell $300 per quarter. If you are a hobby demo and are selling only to yourself, do your 'sales' figure in pre or post discount? For example, if SU gives demos a 20% discount, then a $300 sale to myself is really only $240.00.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2006, 02:52 PM   #80  
Matboard Maniac

thanks
Reply With Quote Likes