Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-02-2008, 06:14 PM   #41  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Hobby Lobby in Depew New York had a soft opening on Saturday. I live about 20 minutes away and could hardly wait to get there, as we had been to a Hobby Lobby in Ohio while at Adventures in Stamping. It was so much fun. I am elated that they brought one to our area. A couple of things.
The sale items are not in the register like the other craft stores. Each cashier has to know what is on sale, they run the sales by Department. And you have to tell them what you want to use your coupon on. I was overcharged for four items that were on sale, and had to go to another register to get my money back. They apologized and fixed everything, but it was a hassle. So, I suggest that you put all the sale items in one place in your cart and watch while they are run up. It is a beautiful store. One other thing, they are NOT open on Sundays.

"I'm thankful that in God's design, he planned it so your path crossed mine"
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 09:26 AM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEEDMORESPACEView Post
The Hobby Lobby in Depew New York had a soft opening on Saturday. I live about 20 minutes away and could hardly wait to get there, as we had been to a Hobby Lobby in Ohio while at Adventures in Stamping. It was so much fun. I am elated that they brought one to our area. A couple of things.
The sale items are not in the register like the other craft stores. Each cashier has to know what is on sale, they run the sales by Department. And you have to tell them what you want to use your coupon on. I was overcharged for four items that were on sale, and had to go to another register to get my money back. They apologized and fixed everything, but it was a hassle. So, I suggest that you put all the sale items in one place in your cart and watch while they are run up. It is a beautiful store. One other thing, they are NOT open on Sundays.
Wow, thanks for all of the tips. Weird that their sale items don't automatically come up. I'll try to stop out next weekend if I head to Cheektowaga. Depew is right next door!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 10:43 AM   #43  
Compulsive Stamper

As much as I love the store- this is always a problem. I take the time to separate anything I buy by the discount% and leave any non-sale/coupon item for last- that way I can watch the prices as they are rung in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM   #44  
Kookie Creator

Well, I went there this morning, 9:00 AM sharp!!! Looking for my newly absolutely gotta have it "Bind it all' and they did not have any in yet!!! There were a couple of other things they didn't yet have in stock. I went in so excited, and came out feeling alittle let down! Sounds dumb, huh??? It's just a craft store for crying out loud, right? Well, anyhow they did have an awesome home decor section, but alot of the items didn't have price tags on them. I will definetely buy my copics, nesties and the BIA (when it comes in) from there. It's also weird that they don't put out sale papers in the Sunday paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #45  
Rubber Obsessor

They should get the Bind-it-All in soon. I wonder if maybe they were just sold out. They only had one or two in at the 2 stores close to me last weekend.

HL doesn't do insert ads in the newspapers, but they do regular in-paper ads. I am not sure what kind of ads they are technically called, but they are printed somewhere in the actual newspaper. They are usually on one of the back pages somewhere. You can also see the ads and print the coupon from their website: http://www.hobbylobby.com/weekly/weekly.cfm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:53 AM   #46  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Love2Craft

I am so excited we are getting one in Liverpool. We need it. The ACMoore's down the road needs the competition. I used to love going to ACMoore's but now when I go in there may only be a couple of people who know what you are looking for and can actually help and know what you can do with the product. I like the ACMoore's in Auburn. Bigger and cleaner. I am looking forward to the HL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2008, 05:51 AM   #47  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm in the utica area, but my Sis lives in Marion. She got me a HL gift certificate for my birthday so I could come visit and shop!! Can't wait to go! We will go to the Store in Webster!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-18-2009, 02:53 PM   #48  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sue StrozykView Post
I just found out from my mailman (go figure) that a new craft store was going into an empty store, of course, i immediately went online to search for new construction in that plaza. Sure enough it's going to be a Hobby Lobby!!!!!!!! I just emailed HL and asked when it's going to be open, and the answer is: November 3rd!! I'm so excited, and i'm sure my mailman will be too, because i "maybe" won't be getting as much through the mail!! LOL

Oh yes, the location! It's in a town called Depew ( i know, don't laugh) it's right outside of Buffalo, and about 5 minutes from my house, yipee! I'm marking my calendar. Not to be greedy or ungrateful, but now i'm lookin to get an Archiver's!!!!! LOL
Sue: I take it the Hobby Lobby store is open. Could you give me the address. I'm attending the stamp show in Hamburg at the end of August and I'm shopping all day Friday (as I live in Toronto I need to make every shopping minute count). Loading all address into my GPS for seamless trip. Would actually be grateful for any shops and addresses you might be able to direct me to. Thanks ever-so-much. .......ash
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:08 AM   #49  
Cardstock Collector

Default new hobby lobby

hi everyone! does anyone happen to know about any hobby lobby store coming to broome county at all this year? we've all heard rumors and i was just curious...you guys all seem to be a lot more on top of the rumors! and i've heard a lot more from people on this board that have turned out to be true. it's a great informational resource and you guys are great! i know one has opened in elmira which is exciting!

thank you for any information you have! i appreciate it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:23 AM   #50  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This link shows the nearest 6 stores (opened or not) to Albany, NY. I know you are a distance from there but I couldn't remember any town names in Broome County:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/stores/stores.cfm?page=9

The closest one to me will be a new one in Poughleepsie. It doesn't have a scheduled openign date yet but I heard September (hope so ... maybe I'll still have unspent birthday money!)

Happy Crafting!
Tina aka TeeGeeDee
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #51  
Mad Swapper

i live in NYC, so one in Buffalo is just about as close to me as the ones in Ohio :( i wanna hobby lobby (sorry for whining)
its nice that they are expanding. Maybe someday (dreamy thoughts) there will be a HL in Queens, right between the Michaels and the AC Moore
-laura s
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #52  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by laura6View Post
i live in NYC, so one in Buffalo is just about as close to me as the ones in Ohio :( i wanna hobby lobby (sorry for whining)
its nice that they are expanding. Maybe someday (dreamy thoughts) there will be a HL in Queens, right between the Michaels and the AC Moore
-laura s
The one (yet to be opened) in Poughkeepsie will be closer! Are you in Manhattan or another borough?

What about HL stores in PA? Could make a nice getaway!

ETA: I just saw you are in Brooklyn ... Poughkeepsie is still closer but maybe you want to think about moving north LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #53  
Mad Swapper

LOL i have seen Food Lions and Publix LOL I'd probably move south! I didn't know there were any closer to me than Ohio.
thanks
-laura s
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-02-2009, 11:04 PM   #54  
Embossing Fanatic

Question

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendella247View Post
You will love it--but it will sure be a temptation! We have one about 15 min. from my house and I'm in heaven when I go there! They usually have a coupon online each week along with their flyer on their website.

Enjoy!
Hi do you know how far this store is from Manhattan?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-03-2009, 12:11 AM   #55  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReshmaView Post
Hi do you know how far this store is from Manhattan?
The Poughkeepsie, NY store is probably about 80 miles from Manhattan. Once you are out of the city it will be less congested so it probably wouldn't even take 2 hours to drive there.

Please note that the location has not opened yet so you'd of course want to verify that before making the trip (although Dutchess County is one of the prettiest parts of NY State and a drive on the Taconic State Parkway is very scenic - and curvy).

If you do make the trip there are lots of things to do (check out http://www.iloveny.com/home.aspx for things to do by region - select Hudson Valley to include things in Poughkeepsie and surrounding areas.).

Also, there is at least one stamp store in/near Albany,NY - I think it is called StampPassion and the town is called Latham. I found their website (I've never been to the store ... at least not yet!): http://www.stampassion.com/

I am excited that I now live near more stores (although they are all chains: A.C. Moore, Michael's and a small Jo-Ann's) because the local store (near where I lived until about a month ago) has closed :(.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 AM   #56  
Cardstock Collector

a coworker of mine just mentioned her husband said there would be one coming closer maybe next year. i actually ventured to the one in horseheads and oh my gosh it was amazing! i spent 3 1/2 hours there and still didn't see everything!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 06:44 AM   #57  
Polyshrink Goddess

YOu are all lucky we don't have one here in Tucson AZ we have to take the 2 hour drive to get to one. Then shop and have to drive back another 2 hours. We want one here so bad. Michaels and Jo-Anns are nice but Hobby Lobby is so much better.
Glade you have one near you. How do I find out if we are ever going to get one here?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 07:29 AM   #58  
Linking Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinggramof9azView Post
YOu are all lucky we don't have one here in Tucson AZ we have to take the 2 hour drive to get to one. Then shop and have to drive back another 2 hours. We want one here so bad. Michaels and Jo-Anns are nice but Hobby Lobby is so much better.
Glade you have one near you. How do I find out if we are ever going to get one here?
This link (below) should take you to the page on HL's website where you can find their store locations. You enter City, State or zip code:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/stores/stores.cfm?page=1
Reply With Quote Likes