Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #161  
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for spreading the word about this coupon...I am actually amazed that my Mike's agreed to honour it (I went to the one in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, by the way). The other shoppers were quite jealous...I got a great deal on some Martha Stewart Punches :mrgreen:

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an eyelet..."
Gallery & Blog
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 05:42 PM   #162  
Kookie Creator

Default coupon now

It simply comes up 40% one item then if you delete to the word coupons, it says this page cannot be displayed, expired.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 05:59 PM   #163  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by librarianView Post
It simply comes up 40% one item then if you delete to the word coupons, it says this page cannot be displayed, expired.
Use this link...I did...Just give them the couopn first...
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../330929741.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2008, 09:19 PM   #164  
Stampin' Fool

Yep - works - I used mine today... It only took 40% off one item and I pointed out what the coupon said and they fixed it right away... Yeah!!!!

Life is not about weathering the storm - It's about dancing in the rain!

My blog: www.kattoys.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #165  
Kookie Creator

I finally went to M's yesterday with my coupon (40% off entire purchase). Our store is only a few months old, and I had a feeling I'd have a problem.

I found 3 things to buy -- a Halloween decoration for 19.99, another Halloween decoration for 2.99, and a wooden letter for 1.99. That would have made my total discount about $10. The cashier rang everything up and then scanned the coupon. When the discount came out to just $8, I kindly said that the coupon covered the entire purchase. She said that it was just for one item, so I pointed to the "entire purchase" line on the coupon. She looked confused and called the manager. (I've had to return a few things lately, and the manager never seems to be available. They call and call and the manager never shows up.) While we were waiting, she backed out the whole transaction and scanned everything again, including the coupon. She said that it took the 40% off of everything. I told her that $8 was 40% of the most expensive item but did not include the other two. She started talking some crazy math that I couldn't follow (I'm an accountant -- I know how to calculate 40%!) and ended up getting herself confused. Then she said it was 40% off before tax. OK, so 40% of $25 is still $10. She kept arguing with me, and I finally said to take the two smaller items off and just give me the big one with the discount. (There were two other women in line behind me, and I was tired of a discussion that was going nowhere.) She wasn't trying to be rude or cheat me out of the discount; she was just genuinely confused. And the manager never did come over.

Yes, I was being cheap, it was only a difference of $2, but I wouldn't have gotten those items without the coupon. And $2 is $2! I totally forgot that I still have a 20% off entire purchase coupon (on my receipt from a previous purchase) in my purse. It expires on this weekend so maybe I'll make one more trip...

I hope the rest of you continue to have good luck using the coupon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 05:35 AM   #166  
Insane Embellisher

Send a message via Skype™ to jeannie barron
Smile

It worked for me! Thank you for the link!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 06:07 AM   #167  
Stampin' Fool

Default 40% off all?

All I see is the one for 40% off of one item... Where's the GOOD stuff?

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #168  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by juttaView Post
All I see is the one for 40% off of one item... Where's the GOOD stuff?

Jutta

See post #163 above
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #169  
Insane Embellisher

They corrected the error so the link shows the corrected coupon of 40% on ONE item.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #170  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks for this info.
im going friday!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 08:46 AM   #171  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

My Michael's has a "correction" notice on the front door stating that the coupon was an error and will only be honored at the correct ONE ITEM discount as the bar-code calculates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 09:27 AM   #172  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycatstamperView Post
My Michael's has a "correction" notice on the front door stating that the coupon was an error and will only be honored at the correct ONE ITEM discount as the bar-code calculates.
That makes me cross. :=P Maybe you could put up a sign next to it saying that legislation protects consumers from bait-and-switch tactics, and that if a company issues a coupon they are required to honour it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #173  
Rubber Obsessor

Just wanted to say..It really isnt Michaels fault that there was a misprint.Its usually the printing company or if it was in the newspaper or a magazine it was a mistake of there company.Trust me-the last thing Michaels wants to do all day is deal with irrate costumers gripping about the misprint,the "bait and Switch" is far too much hassle for a company like them to do on purpose!One more thing...Isnt it nice to know that we all human and people do make mistakes.The worker that made the mistake is alot of trouble for something that ANY ONE OF US COULD DO. Could you image how awful it would be that if every time we made a honest mistake that it would blow up like this? I too would have LOVED to have had that coupon but I also respect people enough to know that mistakes do happen,that we are all human...Oh,I dont work for Michaels or any other retailer..just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.Also if you check most advertising fliers in small print they usually state that they (the company) are not responsible for misprints.Ok Im done..Hope everyone has a awesome and blessed day!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #174  
Polyshrink Goddess

thanks for sharing! I just went yesterday but I always need a good excuse to go back as much as possible! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #175  
Die Cut Diva

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Yes its honoured in Canada too!

I have used this coupon at 3 different Calgary stores without any problems (and spent waaaaayyyyy too much). So all you Canadians wondering if it will work for you, yes it will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:11 AM   #176  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by chipperbarView Post
Just wanted to say..It really isnt Michaels fault that there was a misprint.Its usually the printing company or if it was in the newspaper or a magazine it was a mistake of there company.
Okay... except, yes it was their fault because it was sent to us by their company in an email. I am pretty sure they don't pay another company to do their emails (and if they do, I'll bet they don't anymore!).

I used one again today and the cashier was soooo nice. She said, "Man, I wish I had a coupon like this", so I went out to the car and got one for her and the nice guy who rang me up last time. ((He said, "Wow! This is like the Golden Ticket! Oh, well, at least it's you. You deserve it. You spend enough money here to catch a break." Super nice!))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:28 AM   #177  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSchwichView Post
Okay... except, yes it was their fault because it was sent to us by their company in an email. I am pretty sure they don't pay another company to do their emails (and if they do, I'll bet they don't anymore!).

I used one again today and the cashier was soooo nice. She said, "Man, I wish I had a coupon like this", so I went out to the car and got one for her and the nice guy who rang me up last time. ((He said, "Wow! This is like the Golden Ticket! Oh, well, at least it's you. You deserve it. You spend enough money here to catch a break." Super nice!))
YEP! Printers always send first runs to the original advertiser for approval. Someone was not doing their job and rather than take a good look at the coupon they did a blind approval! (I bet that person is in some hot water right about now!)
And, you are right whoever is in charge of distribution should have also caught the error. It seems as though they all got a little complacent and just passed the coupon on w/o ever really looking.
So, it is their error and they should honor it. I am very irritated that they are giving people grief over it. I can only imagine how much business it is generating for them - so although they may losing $$ on some items here and there, in the long run it is not a bad move.
I live an hour away from Michaels - and I considered making the drive because there are quite a few things that I need to stock up on - but I might blow my top at the poor cashier who has been instructed not to honor the coupon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #178  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Just wanted to say..It really isnt Michaels fault that there was a misprint.Its usually the printing company or if it was in the newspaper or a magazine it was a mistake of there company.Trust me-the last thing Michaels wants to do all day is deal with irrate costumers gripping about the misprint,the "bait and Switch" is far too much hassle for a company like them to do on purpose!One more thing...Isnt it nice to know that we all human and people do make mistakes.The worker that made the mistake is alot of trouble for something that ANY ONE OF US COULD DO. Could you image how awful it would be that if every time we made a honest mistake that it would blow up like this? I too would have LOVED to have had that coupon but I also respect people enough to know that mistakes do happen,that we are all human...Oh,I dont work for Michaels or any other retailer..just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.Also if you check most advertising fliers in small print they usually state that they (the company) are not responsible for misprints.Ok Im done..Hope everyone has a awesome and blessed day!
When I make a mistake I own up to it and deal with the consequences!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #179  
Rubber Obsessor

I went to Des Moines Ia Michaels store yesterday, and they had hardly any CB
folders at least not any I wanted which was Swiss Dots and the one with the bird on it with tall grass, don't know the name of it. I asked for Copic markers and she acted as if she didn't know what I was talking about. Is that what the markers are called or is there another name or brand???

They were not very helpful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:40 AM   #180  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 58 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by litesView Post
folders at least not any I wanted which was Swiss Dots and the one with the bird on it with tall grass, don't know the name of it. I asked for Copic markers and she acted as if she didn't know what I was talking about. Is that what the markers are called or is there another name or brand???

I've never found a Michael's that carries Copics. As far as I know, the only chain store that carries copics is Hobby Lobby (but someone correct me if I'm wrong). My local Michael's has never gotten the newer CB folders (they always seem to be one of the last to get new stuff).

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #181  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

...the "bait and Switch" is far too much hassle for a company like them to do on purpose!One more thing...Isnt it nice to know that we all human and people do make mistakes.
What turns an error like the misprint on the coupon into a bait and switch tactic is how the stores and corporate office respond to the error. Corporate and most stores are honouring the erroneous, misprinted "40% off entire purchase" coupon as valid until its expiration date. Stores that put up a little sign saying they won't honour a valid company-issued coupon are turning that error into a bait and switch situation.

I don't think it's nice to know we are all human, but that's just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 11:58 AM   #182  
Rubber Obsessor

Thank-you for your reply,Purpleflower. I so wanted to spend some $$ with my 40% off coupon. Does any one know if Hobby Lobby has any coupons out as I might go to one this week-end, any of these craft stores are 50 miles away from me. So any coupon is nice with gas so high.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #183  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Does any one know if Hobby Lobby has any coupons out as I might go to one this week-end, any of these craft stores are 50 miles away from me. So any coupon is nice with gas so high.
Hobby Lobby always (thankfully!) has a coupon and their flyer online:
http://www.hobbylobby.com/site3/weekly/weekly.cfm

This week, the coupon is only for 25% off one reg priced item -- their 40% off coupons have been coming every other week for a while now, so next week should be a 40%er. However, if you browse through their flyer, you may see some deals that are better than the coupon. For example, all wood-mounted stamps are 50% off, all stickers (except Jolee types) are 50% off, and so are all individual sheets and paper packs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #184  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Same reaction I got when I asked a long time ago at the one in Cedar Rapids, nope they don't carry them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #185  
Glitter Queen

Has anyone from Canada tried to use the coupon yet? I am going to Edmonton Alberta's Michaels on Friday so i hope they will honor it. Can you let me know if it woeked for you please.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:30 PM   #186  
Polyshrink Goddess

See post #175, Natasha.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 02:35 PM   #187  
Glitter Queen

thanks for the infor. Good to know. Did any one who is in the Edmonton area have any isses with the coupon?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 03:33 PM   #188  
Crimping Master

It worked! I have just used it, but the cashier has to do it manually.

SPOOKTACULAR HALLOWEEN
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-27-2008, 04:33 PM   #189  
Crimping Master

I used my 40 off total purchase no problem, guy didnt even blink a eye. I got a cute snowman stamp, some stickers and a frame for a scrapbook page I made for DDs room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 04:50 AM   #190  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSchwichView Post
Oh, well, at least it's you. You deserve it. You spend enough money here to catch a break."
This is soooo funny! I wish there was a nice friendly cashier at my Michael's to acknowledge my "loyalty". heehee You are soo sweet to spread the coupon "loooovvvee" to your cashier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 04:57 AM   #191  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Quote:

I understand what you are trying to say... and would agree with you except this is a business. They are selling crafting supplies, not a necessity item like say... groceries. Yah I know... it could be debated, right?!?! It's not like we are in a bread line and if we use our coupon the people behind us don't eat. And Michael's is in business to make money... and in this case they didn't have the sense to pay an employee to proofread coupons or check the work that they outsource to another company so... they are going to lose some money on this one. But since Christmas season and back-to-school is coming--I'm sure they will be OK.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 05:02 AM   #192  
Stampin' Fool

The only loss Micheals will take will be on their profit....not an actual loss. When I was in retail back in the mid-80's, markup averaged about 65% and some items, like jewelry, the markup is over 100%. Don't feel too bad for Micheals.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 06:36 AM   #193  
Compulsive Stamper

Thank you, thank you! My Michaels honored the coupon no questions asked. She just said, "Oh you have one of those coupons" and asked the lady next to her how to ring it up. I bought a couple sets of those markers you can use on black/white photos. Thanks so much for sharing this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 12:29 PM   #194  
Stazon Splitcoast

I went today and got a couple of Martha Stewart punches I have been wanting, plus some stickers, adhesives, gems, etc. Thanks so much for this post.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 01:07 PM   #195  
Polyshrink Goddess

I just went to my local Michael's and they would only give me 40% off on one item. I questioned it, the clerk called the manager and they still would only give me 40% off one item. There was a line of about six people behind me and the 40% they gave me was off a $50 item, so I gave up. The rest of the items only came to $11, but they really should get their act together. The coupon very clearly states "the entire order".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 01:28 PM   #196  
Insane Embellisher

Both the colorado springs Michaels would take it. The cashier at one even said how lucky I was and asked if I had any more. She knew it was a mistake, but said they were honoring them anyway. She wanted one for herself. I got some fun stuff, but didn't go overboard. I still have to keep in my craft budget.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #197  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kheila KirwanView Post
I went today and got a couple of Martha Stewart punches I have been wanting, plus some stickers, adhesives, gems, etc. Thanks so much for this post.
Do they honor the coupon for MS stuff because I was tempted to get some the other day and didnt bother with it. This customer said they didnt. Hmm, I really want the bat punch. Maybe tomorrow.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:40 PM   #198  
Polyshrink Goddess

wow thanks for the info! I just called my local michaels and they said they are accepting them whoohooo! I am going shopping tonight!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:42 PM   #199  
Kookie Creator

So glad I printed coupon same day Store honored 40% entire purchase no problem. Next time I went to send link to a friend it was only of 1 thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #200  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlhaunView Post
So glad I printed coupon same day Store honored 40% entire purchase no problem. Next time I went to send link to a friend it was only of 1 thing.
Are you going to this link?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../330929741.jpg
Reply With Quote Likes