Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-28-2017, 08:03 AM   #1  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 731 Likes on 353 Posts
Default Art Impressions Warehouse sale 2017

They have announced their warehouse sale in Nov....I am SO jealous of people close by! I love a sale but I am not flying and booking a hotel to go LOL. It says 2018 but it is this year-typo.

https://www.artimpressions.com/event...use-sale-2018/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #2  
Proud Fan Club Member

They have added a bunch of classes to the event.

We would love to have our local crafters come join the fun! Today, we wanted to feature our FULL schedule of classes to inspire and create fun projects! With each class purchase, you will receive a coupon for one free stamp set at the sale, or our 2017 Class Exclusive! You can register at the links or images below.

Class Times:
Fri 10:00-12:00 Watercolor Workshop 2017 with Kate
Fri 12:30-2:00 Everyday Interactive Cardmaking with Kate
Fri 2:15-3:45 Holiday Interactive Card Making with Kate
Fri 4:00-5:00 Beginning Watercolor with Kendra*
Sat 9:00-11:00 Watercolor Workshop 2018 with Kendra
Sat 11:15-12:45 Holiday Watercolor Workshop with Kendra
Sat 1:00-3:00 Welcome Home Watercolor Workshop with Kendra*
*Please make final purchases before class, since the sale will close during.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2017, 12:02 PM   #3  
Sis
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wish it was closer to.........hope everyone who goes has a blast!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2017, 05:46 AM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Beware if they have grab bags. Last year, for the online warehouse sale, I bought one of unmounted rubber for $30 (supposedly valued at $150). It was the WORST CRAFT PURCHASE ever. I only had one AI set so I mistakenly thought this was going to be fun, to get some stamps that I had noticed. There were honestly only a few usable stamps in that giant bag - they should have melted the rubber and made new stamps. Not one newish stamp, only strange images and many repeats at that. There would be 5 or 6 each of same partial useless phrase. UGH! Now I have very bad opinion of AI and won't buy their stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2017, 09:37 AM   #5  
Proud Fan Club Member

Wow! That was terrible! :( Exactly why I am afraid of those bag things. Even if it isnt that bad...very likely wont be anything I like.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2017, 02:05 PM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavejumperView Post
Wow! That was terrible! :( Exactly why I am afraid of those bag things. Even if it isnt that bad...very likely wont be anything I like.
I am leery of grab bags in general but sometimes I buy them. Like I said, I only had one AI set so I guessed that it would be a good buy. Some of the stamps were 20 years old, they had a date on them. I did buy an excellent grab bag of unmounted rubber a few months ago from Impression Obsession and was thrilled with that one but they don't have any currently.

That AI experience was so bad that I just don't even want to look at any of their products anymore. They really ought to be ashamed of what they did.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2017, 05:45 AM   #7  
Embossing Fanatic

UPDATE: AI very nicely reached out to me and tried to make things better by giving me store credit to make up for this dud grab bag. I appreciate that very much and got a couple of the watercolor sets which was one of the things that I had hoped to get in the grab bag in the first place. But these sets are very expensive to begin with and you need several sets to make nice scenes. So while I appreciate this good customer service, I still can't believe what they sold me in the grab bag.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2017, 06:20 AM   #8  
Proud Fan Club Member

Hey! That's pretty nice of them and goes to show the mfgs do look around in here....Stampendous once addressed me about something I posted unhappiness about.

They did have a nice black friday sale on some of the WC sets. maybe they will again for Christmas. I am a big fan of their people, esp seniors and sense of humor.

The WC sets you like are very popular. Have you been seeing the classes they have on their site? You might be able to get more out of a set than you realize? They were sending out a lesson every Wed I think it was....

They are widely distributed. Maybe you can find better prices at a gen supplier like Joanns?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-29-2017, 06:29 AM   #9  
Embossing Fanatic

Thanks for your comments and tips. I did spend a lot of time online studying the whole watercolor thing because I wanted to get the most useful sets, and I saw the videos which are very helpful. I did see that Joanns has a couple of sets - they are $25 so I hope to get one at 50% off before they sell out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-13-2017, 01:48 PM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Oh, well, I give up on this company. I received my order and one set was “discontinued” so they printed up fancy stickers to put on the stamp set explaining why they don’t have the usual informative paper but “Happy Stamping!” anyway. These stamps are ridiculously over-priced, even if on sale half off. I need the samples and the stamp identifications because the videos tell you which stamps you use. Why couldn’t they simply photocopy the insert? Why do customers have to be punished for buying discontinued stamps? I don’t get it. And of course my review did not get published – now they have removed all the discontinued stamps off the website. Even if they were still on, they do not permit any reviews that aren’t 5 stars. Again, beware. I can buy a nice scenic stamp for a lot less $$$ and I don’t even have to do lots of work to stamp all the parts properly, masking, buying many sets to get all the needed stamps, etc. Ugh! This was all a waste of life.
Reply With Quote Likes