Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-01-2009, 06:05 AM   #401  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Goodness, I had no idea. I heard a couple months ago that she was sick, but didn't hear about her passing. How sad. It's nice to hear her kids are going to keep it going. I need to get down there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mmmeolaView Post
I am not sure if anyone has mentioned it in the previous threads, but the owner of Stampede, Janie passed away in June. Her daughter and son plan on keeping the store open. They have the best selection of stamps I've ever seen. So if you get a chance, please stop in and support them. Deb and Roxanne will take great care of you. And if you cannot find something, they will order anything you need.

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-01-2009, 09:27 AM   #402  
Stazon Splitcoast

Losing Janie in the stamping community was sad. Even DH commented on how he'd miss sitting down and talking with her and watching her create while I shopped. I'm glad the store is remaining open.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:10 AM   #403  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is any one signing up for the Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop? Mom and I plan on hitting all the stores on that first Friday. Then we're helping Barbara in her store the next day. We're looking forward to shopping in stores we've never been to before.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:29 AM   #404  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by CindyLView Post
Is any one signing up for the Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop? Mom and I plan on hitting all the stores on that first Friday. Then we're helping Barbara in her store the next day. We're looking forward to shopping in stores we've never been to before.
Could you suggest a nice/cheap hotel in the middle of all this? We would have to come out early Saturday am the 17th and stay that night. :confused:We live near Clarion, PA and are considering coming! Let me know what store you will be at so that we can say "hey" if we decide to take a road trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 07:46 AM   #405  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by tillymaeView Post
Could you suggest a nice/cheap hotel in the middle of all this? We would have to come out early Saturday am the 17th and stay that night. :confused:We live near Clarion, PA and are considering coming! Let me know what store you will be at so that we can say "hey" if we decide to take a road trip!
Your best bet would be to start in Amish Country and work your way west to the other stores, since the Amish/Mennonite stores close earlier than the others. I really don't know any hotels out that other way, since I hang mostly in Amish Country. Your last stop would be in Mechanicsburg if you go the way I suggested, so you might want to google hotels out that way or even in Hershey. I'll be at Barbara's Stamping Delight on the 17th, so please say hi if you do stop in.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 08:15 AM   #406  
Watercolor Wizard

We stay at the Sleep Inn on Rt. 50 (?) in ROnks. I hit many of these stores while we're there in a 2-day stint (sometimes in 1 day if I really plan out some commando shopping, lol!) It's nice, neat, clean, and under $100 per night (I'm from Long Island, so by our standards that's a steal.) It was recommended to us a few years back and we recommend it to others ever since. No bad experiences to date. HTH!

As a side note, ENJOY to all you ladies lucky enough to live close by and can do this!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 09:02 AM   #407  
Mad Swapper

Thank you ladies for the help! We are considering it at this point and double checking the dates! Looks like you have some really nice stores in the area! We really only have 2 stores other than JoAnn's and Michaels. I lived in the Columbus, OH area for 4 years and got spoiled by Cord Camera and Archivers. I have heard that Archivers is going to put 3 stores in PA - Pitts., Phillie and another one more central. Hope that it is true!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 09:25 AM   #408  
Watercolor Wizard

I go to the Lancaster area to shop once a year and hit a majority of these stores. It's a 3-4 hour drive to get there (much worse if I don't get through NYC at o'dark thirty!) 7 hours to get home last time in stand still traffic - and it was still worth every item I bought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 09:45 AM   #409  
Gabfest Goddess

I will be at L&L Stamps in Ephrata for the B&B Shop Hop doing make 'n takes using my stamps, but I am not sure of the dates yet. I can't be there everyday, however I would LOVE to meet many of you, so let me know when you plan to stop in!!

Quote:

Korin Sutherland
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #410  
Matboard Maniac

Wish the Buggies and Bon Bons Shop hop was this weekend! We are heading to York for the convention, but taking Thursday and Friday for the shops! Can't wait!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #411  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by katey_didView Post
Wish the Buggies and Bon Bons Shop hop was this weekend! We are heading to York for the convention, but taking Thursday and Friday for the shops! Can't wait!!

Have fun shopping at the stores and the convention. We're are camping up there this weekend and trying to decide if I can hop over to the convention on Sunday.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:26 AM   #412  
Gallery Gazer

Location: On my sunporch- stamping and creating. Enjoying the view :)

I hope you make it Cindy....mom and I are going to the convention!

Check out my stamping blog.

Design team member for qkrstampede and eurekastamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2009, 09:35 AM   #413  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jetstudio29View Post
I hope you make it Cindy....mom and I are going to the convention!
I really want to, but since Mom and I are doing the shop hop on 10/09, I might just save my money for that since I'll get the 20% off discount at each store. We'll see how it goes. Hope you and your mom have fun!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #414  
Mad Swapper

Hello all

I will be in the Millersville/Lancaster area this weekend and wondered if you all could tell me if there were any stamping stores near there? I will be staying near the Park City Center mall. Are there any other stores or restaurants or sights that you would recommend?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 PM   #415  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hate to hear about a store closing - it is happening all over the country. I wish I had the money to buy all their left over stock and just send all my crafting friends a surprise package - wouldn't that be fun?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 03:44 AM   #416  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by not2shabbydesignsView Post
I hate to hear about a store closing - it is happening all over the country. I wish I had the money to buy all their left over stock and just send all my crafting friends a surprise package - wouldn't that be fun?
If you're referring to the Rubberbuggy store closing, that closed well over a year ago. That announcement was from 2008, unless there's a newer closing you were talking about? It truly was a great stamp store too, one of my favorites!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #417  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by YouInkItView Post
Hello all

I will be in the Millersville/Lancaster area this weekend and wondered if you all could tell me if there were any stamping stores near there? I will be staying near the Park City Center mall. Are there any other stores or restaurants or sights that you would recommend?

Thanks!
Check out Post #323 for a list of the Amish owned stamp stores in the area. They are probably a good 45 minutes at least from the Park City Mall area, but so worth going to.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 09:59 AM   #418  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by carol_PA925View Post
If you're referring to the Rubberbuggy store closing, that closed well over a year ago. That announcement was from 2008, unless there's a newer closing you were talking about? It truly was a great stamp store too, one of my favorites!
OH, I was just referring to ALL the small businessess that are going out of business right now. We have two strip malls just a few miles from us that are only half full. Every time we drive by we look to see if there is another empty space. A couple weeks ago there was a nail salon that opened in one of the empty spaces - that was a good sign. I guess even in a bad economy, fast food and nail salons will still survive!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #419  
Stazon Splitcoast

Just a reminder that the Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop starts a week from today. If you haven't gotten your passport and key chain yet, you can purchase them at any of the 11 stores participating. It's going to be so much fun.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #420  
Glitter Queen

A group of us from Pittsburgh will be heading to Philly on the weekend of Nov 6th for the Stamping Around event. We will be heading through the Lancaster area (Blue Ball, etc) and are looking for Stamping places on the path between Pittsburgh and Allentown, mostly Amish. I'm dragging everyone to The Shady Maple for lunch

We have a list of a few stores, but are always on the lookout for more or updates if any may have closed.

If someone has the master sheet I would like to have a copy of it. Let me know if it has been updated and I'll PM you my email address.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #421  
Gabfest Goddess

I wish I could help you wish the list. I do't have it, but I am sure someone on this thread does.

I am excited to hear you'll be traveling out this way for Stampin' Around . I'll see you there !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadekittyView Post
A group of us from Pittsburgh will be heading to Philly on the weekend of Nov 6th for the Stamping Around event. We will be heading through the Lancaster area (Blue Ball, etc) and are looking for Stamping places on the path between Pittsburgh and Allentown, mostly Amish. I'm dragging everyone to The Shady Maple for lunch

We have a list of a few stores, but are always on the lookout for more or updates if any may have closed.

If someone has the master sheet I would like to have a copy of it. Let me know if it has been updated and I'll PM you my email address.

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 AM   #422  
Mad Swapper

Thank you all for the information you have listed. I really wanted to go visit some of the shops listed but everything was 45 mins or more away and I really only had Sunday to travel and most stores were closed. I will definitely have to make a trip up to the stores at a later date as you all make them all sound so great!

As a side note, is anyone familiar with Scrapbook Needs in Uniontown, PA? I placed an online order with them back on 10/1/09 and my account says that the order is still "in process" with no tracking information. I've tried calling and emailing them to get a status update but have had no luck. I was hoping maybe someone here could tell me if they are experiencing website problems or something. I paid with Paypal and they've already charged me so I'm getting concerned.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2009, 01:03 PM   #423  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Somewhere back in this thred there is a list to download, just not sure of the exact post #.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:06 AM   #424  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Post #323 has the master list of local stores in the Lancaster and surrounding areas.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 AM   #425  
Stazon Splitcoast

The Buggies and Bon Bons Shop Hop is rocking! What fun Mom and I had on Friday hitting 10 of the 11 stores and then the 11th we worked in on Saturday. I surely hope this is an annual event. Ladies, there is still time to participate - it runs thru this Saturday, the 17th.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2009, 04:11 AM   #426  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

white swan closed I got an email form her. I had never made my way down there, always sad to hear.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 06:42 AM   #427  
Matboard Maniac

Smile Stamping and possibly Scrapping stores in PA

Trying to help DH on Christmas Eve looking for Copic Markers -hmmm wonder what I'm getting. Anyway, stumbled on this list of PA stores didn't know if anyone knew about these. It has a handy dandy map it.

http://www.sentiments.com/searchStores.php?state=PA

As for Stampin' Station there's a new teacher there named Tammy - AWESOME cardmaker. Her previous employer had to close for personal reasons - SCRAPMANIA - in Hagerstown, MD (wonderful scrapbook store). Anyways, just thought I'd give her a plug. If you can be in the area she is having card class Jan 12th and Jan 20th, 2010 - just call the store.

Karen in Blue Ridge Summit, PA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #428  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vixen StamperView Post
Trying to help DH on Christmas Eve looking for Copic Markers -hmmm wonder what I'm getting. Anyway, stumbled on this list of PA stores didn't know if anyone knew about these. It has a handy dandy map it.

http://www.sentiments.com/searchStores.php?state=PA
If you use this list, definitely call the store before heading out. I know Create an Impression in Ardmore has been closed for about 10 years, so the list isn't current. As mentioned in this thread, DePue's and Rubberbuggy are closed. The Crop Room listed in Doylestown is also closed.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #429  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by phunkymamaView Post
If you use this list, definitely call the store before heading out. I know Create an Impression in Ardmore has been closed for about 10 years, so the list isn't current. As mentioned in this thread, DePue's and Rubberbuggy are closed. The Crop Room listed in Doylestown is also closed.
Also, L& L Rubber Stamps in Ephrata moved at least a year ago. The correct address and phone is:

1015 Frys Road
Ephrata, PA 17522
(717)355-5115

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 12:08 PM   #430  
Gabfest Goddess

Here is a current list of stores in Lancaster county and surrounding areas:
http://scrapbookingroads.com/compone...153/Itemid,92/

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #431  
SuG
Forum Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thank you Korin.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 07:17 AM   #432  
Rubber Obsessor

Subbing 'cause I keep having to search for this thread. :p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-28-2009, 07:22 AM   #433  
Mad Swapper

I'm in Strasburg visiting family right now. I am going to try to go to Barbara's in Quarryville today. My husband thinks it's crazy that I want to go to a stamp store while I'm on "vacation", but that sounds like fun to me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM   #434  
Stazon Splitcoast

Did you make it to Barbara's? She's the bestest in my opinion...LOL And she's having a sale this week as well - 10% off everything in the store and free gifts with a $25 or more purchase. Wish I didn't have to work this week to support my stamping habit! Enjoy your visit in PA.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 03:56 PM   #435  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetnsassystampsView Post
Here is a current list of stores in Lancaster county and surrounding areas:
http://scrapbookingroads.com/compone...153/Itemid,92/

Also check out post #323 for a list of stores.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 04:15 PM   #436  
Gabfest Goddess

Lorene is having a 10% off everything sale this week, too (L & L Stamps). I am heading there tomorrow !

Korin Sutherland
My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-29-2009, 06:30 PM   #437  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Did you make it to Barbara's? She's the bestest in my opinion...LOL And she's having a sale this week as well - 10% off everything in the store and free gifts with a $25 or more purchase. Wish I didn't have to work this week to support my stamping habit! Enjoy your visit in PA.
I haven't made it to Barbara's yet. I called to see what the hours were and got a voicemail asking me to leave a message. I am hoping to make it by there tomorrow. Does anyone know what her hours are?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 04:22 AM   #438  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
I haven't made it to Barbara's yet. I called to see what the hours were and got a voicemail asking me to leave a message. I am hoping to make it by there tomorrow. Does anyone know what her hours are?
Not off the top of my head but in the original list psoting I think it does. I did learn on my last trip that even though the sign may say "closed" it doesn't necessarily mean that's true. We left the first day because of the sign, the last day I pondered in the driveway and she quickly ran outside. She told me she frequently forgets about the sign, and to just knock if ever I wasn't sure. (And I was there literally at her opening time, which might have been 7:30-8 AM.)

Others know better - I'm sure they'll be able to help you more if they check in on the thread.

Have a great time - it's a larger store with many things that I don't see in the others.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #439  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CAmomof2View Post
Her hours are Monday 12-5, Tuesday thru Thursday 8-5, Friday 10-5, Saturday 7-3. She should be open New Year's Eve and Day - they don't celebrate those holidays. If you get there and she is closed, if she is home, she most likely will open the store for you. If you go, tell her Cindy said hi. I'm heading up that way next weekend, so I'll get to see her then.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2010, 05:16 PM   #440  
Matboard Maniac

Smile

Korin,

Thanks for the updated list. It's what I had - its just a start and as these times are tough it's best to call everywhere before heading out.

Karen
Reply With Quote Likes